Radio Caroline's first ship, mv Fredericia, was previously a Baltic ferry, operated by DFDS. She was built in 1929/30 in Frederikshavn in northern Denmark.
As can be seen from the cutting below, the ferry originally operated on a route taking in the town of Fredericia as well as Middelfart, Kolding and the Danish capital, Copenhagen.
Correspondent Brian Thompson sent The Pirate Radio Hall of Fame these photographs and cuttings about the ship, which he obtained from Bangsbo Museum. The museum contains an archive covering the
history of Danish ship-building, especially in Frederikshavn.
Erik Christensen, the Archive Manager of Bangsbo Museum, has kindly given us permission to reproduce them here. Our grateful thanks to both Erik and Brian.